Harris County Public Library
- Friends of the Library *Book Sale* from Aug 22 – 29 @ Harris County Public Library
- “Leaf through a Book” Fall Adult Summer Reading Program – sign ups begin on Monday, Aug 25th. Click Here for more information.
- Sign up NOW for September Computer Classes. For more information, please click here.
- Children’s Storytime on Wed, September 3 @ 10:30 am
- Afterschool Storytime on Thur, September 4 @ 3:15 pm
- Library Book Club discusses Elizabeth Gilbert’s The Signature of All Things on Monday, Sept. 8 @ Noon
- Pajama Night Storytime on Thurs, September 25 @ 6:30 pm
Hogansville Public Library
- Children’s Storytime on Wed, August 27 @ 10:00 am
- Maker Mondays on September 8 from 3:30 – 5:30 (grades 3-8 – call 706-637-6230 for more info)
LaGrange Public Library
- Children’s Storytime on Wed, August 27 @ 10:30 am
- Friends of Memorial Library Author Talk series – 2014 Georgia Fiction Writer of the Year, Raymond L. Atkins will speak on Tues, September 9 @ 6:30 pm
- CAREing Paws & Cooper the Therapy Dog will visit on Tues, September 23 @ 4:00 pm (contact Darla Rance for more information) – sign up is required
- Korean Festival on Sat, September 27 from 1:00 – 4:00
- Friends of Memorial Library Author Talk series - LaGrange native Stephen Roth will discuss his first novel, A Plot for Pridemore, on Tues, November 10 @ 6:30 pm
Are you looking for the next great book to read?
For the next book in your favorite author’s mystery series?
Or, are you looking for the reading level of books for your child?
Now, you can find all of those answers and more in the PINES catalog with the addition of NoveList Select. Watch this VIDEO for more information OR browse the PINES CATALOG and check out the great new features!
Have you ever wanted to learn a second language?
Learning a new language with Mango Languages is free for all library patrons, and offers a fast and convenient solution for our community’s increasing language-learning needs. Each lesson combines real life situations and audio from native speakers with simple, clear instructions. The courses are presented with an appreciation for cultural nuance and real-world application that integrates components of vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar and culture. Users learn actual conversation, breaking down complex linguistic elements within an audio-visual framework that draws important connections and builds on information they have already learned.
Mango offers more than 40 foreign language courses and 16 English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.
To get started, click on the Mango button on the right side of this website, and use your PINES library card number to create an account.
If you have any questions or problems getting started with Mango, please visit or call your local Troup-Harris Regional Library.
(Your library card must begin with the numbers 21055 to use Mango.)
Looking for information about the Civil Rights Movement? Click on the link above to find print and online resources.