Harris County Public Library
- “Leaf through a Book” Fall Adult Summer Reading Program – sign ups begin on Monday, Aug 25th. Click Here for more information.
- Sign up NOW for September Computer Classes. For more information, please click here.
- Children’s Storytime on Wed, September 17 @ 10:30 am
- Afterschool Storytime on Thur, September 18 @ 3:15 pm
- Pajama Night Storytime on Thurs, September 25 @ 6:30 pm
- The Library Book Club will discuss Una by Mary Elizabeth Raines on Mon, Oct 13 @ Noon
Hogansville Public Library
- Children’s Storytime on Wed, Sept 17 @ 10:00 am
- Legos @ the Library on Saturdays, September 6 – November 22 from 10:30 am – Noon
- Maker Mondays on September 8 from 3:30 – 5:30 (grades 3-8 – call 706-637-6230 for more info)
- Banned Books Week September 21-27. Readers are invited to have their mug shot taken while reading a banned book. The readers offender’s rap sheets will be posted to our Facebook page.
- Souper Reads Book Club on the last Tuesday of the month, beginning Sept 30 @ Noon (call 706-637- 6230 for more information)
- Hummingbird Book and Yard Sale - Saturday and Sunday October 18 & 19 from 7 am- 5 pm 10’x 10’ yard sale spaces will be available for sellers to rent with proceeds going to fund books for the library’s children’s collection. Call 706-637-6230 for more information.
LaGrange Public Library
- Children’s Storytime on Wed, Sept 17 @ 10:30 am
- CAREing Paws & Cooper the Therapy Dog will visit on Tues, September 23 @ 4:00 pm (contact Darla Rance for more information) – sign up is required
- Korean Festival on Sat, September 27 from 1:00 – 4:00
- Friends of Memorial Library Author Talk series - LaGrange native Stephen Roth will discuss his first novel, A Plot for Pridemore, on Tues, November 10 @ 6:30 pm
Are you looking for the next great book to read?
For the next book in your favorite author’s mystery series?
Or, are you looking for the reading level of books for your child?
Now, you can find all of those answers and more in the PINES catalog with the addition of NoveList Select. Watch this VIDEO for more information OR browse the PINES CATALOG and check out the great new features!
Have you ever wanted to learn a second language?
Learning a new language with Mango Languages is free for all library patrons, and offers a fast and convenient solution for our community’s increasing language-learning needs. Each lesson combines real life situations and audio from native speakers with simple, clear instructions. The courses are presented with an appreciation for cultural nuance and real-world application that integrates components of vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar and culture. Users learn actual conversation, breaking down complex linguistic elements within an audio-visual framework that draws important connections and builds on information they have already learned.
Mango offers more than 40 foreign language courses and 16 English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.
To get started, click on the Mango button on the right side of this website, and use your PINES library card number to create an account.
If you have any questions or problems getting started with Mango, please visit or call your local Troup-Harris Regional Library.
(Your library card must begin with the numbers 21055 to use Mango.)
Looking for information about the Civil Rights Movement? Click on the link above to find print and online resources.