Addresses, Phone Numbers, & Zip Codes
- 411.com – White pages, Yellow pages, Reverse telephone and Address lookup
- AnyWho.com – White pages, Yellow pages, and reverse telephone lookup
- Search by toll-free number, company name, product or service name.
- Zip Code Search from USPS
Cars & Driving
- AARP – Information, advocacy and benefits for people over age 50.
- Free Annual Credit Reports from the Big 3 – TransUnion, Experian, & Equifax
- Better Business Bureau – File a complaint, check out a business or charity, and get consumer tips.
- Clark Howard
- CNET.com – Find reviews and prices on the latest electronics as well as downloads.
- Consumer.gov – Information from the federal government on everything from shopping online to food safety.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission – The CPSC’s web site on recalls and product safety news.
- Gethuman 500 database – Talk to a real person—this cheat sheet gets you around those annoying phone menus.
- Manualslib: The Ultimate Manuals Library – One stop location to search for a product manual.
- National Do Not Call Registry
- National Highway Safety Administration
- LaGrange College
- Columbus State University
- University of West Georgia
- West Georgia Technical College
- Georgia Home Education Association
- Georgia’s Home Education Information Resource
- Georgia Department of Education -Atlanta
- GCF Learn Free – free online tutorials in technology, Microsoft Office, math, career, reading, and everyday life.
- Learning Express Library
- Troup Trained
- Techboomers – free online technology tutorials especially written for older adults
- Ancestry Library Edition is available through GALILEO while at the library.
- Digital Library of Georgia is a gateway to Georgia’s history and culture found in digitized books, manuscripts, photographs, government documents, newspapers, maps, audio, video, and other resources.
- Chronicling America, newspapers from the Library of Congress
Cyndi’s List – Includes ninety subject categories of links to genealogy sites on the Internet.
- Digital Public Library of America brings together the riches of America’s libraries, archives, and museums, and makes them freely available to the world.
- Ellis Island Records – This database contains not only passenger lists for those who came through Ellis Island on their way to settling in the United States, but additional information on immigrant groups, and overviews of immigration patterns from specific countries. The family archive created here will also solicit contributions of personal documents and photos to the Archive.
- Georgia Adoption Reunion Registry helps adopted persons gain knowledge about their birth histories and gives birth families the opportunity to connect with their relatives separated by a Georgia adoption.
- Georgia State Archives – Identifies and preserves Georgia’s most valuable historical documents.
- Heritage Quest Online offers a collection of genealogical and historical sources – with coverage dating back to the 1700s – that can help people find their ancestors and discover a place’s past. It offers primary sources, local and family histories, and finding aids.
- Local History & Genealogy Reading Room at the Library of Congress has many bibliographies, guides, and handbooks to download.
- National Archives and Records Administration – The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is an independent agency of the United States government charged with preserving and documenting government and historical records and with increasing public access to those documents, which comprise the National Archives.
- RootsWeb.com is the oldest free genealogy website. Search a large database by family name, with links to message boards, family trees, and genealogy mailing lists.
- Social Security Death Index
- Troup County Archives – Troup County Historical Society
- The USGenWeb Project is a volunteer project working to provide genealogical information for each state and county in the U.S.
Grants & Scholarships
- Catalog of Domestic Federal Assistance
- Grants from Federal Grant-making agencies (Search by keyword or browse by category)
- FAFSA – US Dept of Education free application for federal student aid
- Georgia College 411 – Need- and merit-based scholarships to Georgia colleges, including HOPE
Laws, Elected Officials, and Legal Information
- Georgia Poll Locator
- League of Women Voters – Non-partisan voter information
- Sample Ballot – My Voter Page
- Voter Registration Online
- Legal Forms (including Divorce, Custody, Domestic Violence, Healthcare, and many more)
- Georgia Child Support Guidelines and Worksheets
- Find a US representative, learn about current legislation, and submit comments
- Code of Federal Regulations
- THOMAS-Search the text of U.S. bills and laws
- Official United States Code (laws)
Local Cities and Counties
- Harris County government
- Troup County government
- Harris County Chamber of Commerce
- LaGrange Troup County Chamber of Commerce
- Pine Mountain Tourism Association
Maps & Directions
- Current traffic conditions for most Georgia highways
- Google Maps & Driving directions
- Yahoo Maps & Driving directions
- Printable forms from the IRS – Forms for this year and past years are available
- Links to all states’ tax forms
- Printable tax forms from the Georgia Dept. of Revenue
- Atlanta Travel Guide
- Callaway Gardens
- Explorations in Antiquity – Bringing ancient history to life, LaGrange, GA
- Explore Georgia – Official Georgia Tourism and Travel website
- Federal Highway Administration – Links to national traffic and road conditions.
- Fodor’s Travel Guides – Famous for travel books, the online version specializes in foreign travel and languages with a phrase book you can listen to. Customize a mini-guide for the major city of your choice.
- Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites
- Groome Transportation Airport Shuttle
- Hills and Dales Estate – Historic home of the Fuller E. Callaway Family in LaGrange, GA
- LaGrange Art Museum
- Legacy Museum on Main – Discover generations of West Georgia
- National Park Service
- New York City – Official Guide to NYC Attractions, Dining & Hotels
- Orbitz Travel – Service offering flight, hotel, and car rental information.
- Savannah Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Travelocity – One of the premier sites for airline tickets, hotel reservations and car rentals.
- US Tourism Sites
- Washington D.C. – Official Tourism site
- Wikitravel – free travel guide
- Wild Animal Safari – Drive through animal park in Pine Mountain, GA
- Georgia Weather from UGA
- National Weather Services – Weather and climate data, warnings, and forecasts
- Drought Monitor
- National Hurricane Center
- The Tornado Project
- NetSmartz Workshop – National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Connect Safely
- Identity Theft Recovery– FTC’s page on identity theft recovery
- Identity Theft Information
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by THRL.